Invacare Mattresses for Pressure Sores
Invacare is a manufacturer and distributor of home medical and long-term care products, including beds and mattresses. Among these are mattresses designed to help prevent pressure ulcers, also known as pressure sores or bedsores. These are represented here by two Invacare mattresses for pressure sores, the InvacareŽ microAIRŽ MA51 and the InvacareŽ microAIRŽ MA80, both of which are designed to prevent and treat Stage I to Stage IV pressure ulcers.
The InvacareŽ microAIRŽ MA51 for the prevention and treatment of pressure sores is an alternating pressure mattress with 16 horizontally configured bladders. It features:
- A quilted 70 denier nylon cover to help protect user from friction and shear
- A non skid bottom and 10 nylon web buckled hold downs to secure the mattress to the bed
- A 10 LPM compressor with alarm, alarm silence, and lock out features
- Treatment times of 5, 10, 15, and 20 minute cycles
- Ability to be rolled up for easy storage and handling
- An attached over-shoulder carrying strap for easy transport
The control panel of the The InvacareŽ microAIRŽ MA51 mattress for pressure sores has controls for softness and firmness, choice of static or alternating air pressure, maximum inflation, alarms, etc.
The InvacareŽ microAIRŽ MA80 for the prevention and treatment of pressure sores is a True Low Air Loss alternating pressure mattress. According to Invacare, the True Low Air Loss therapeutic support wicks away moisture and maintains a temperate environment for the user. This Invacare mattress has the following features:
- Wireless fowler and constant pressure monitoring
- Convenient carrying strap for easy transport
- 10 nylon straps with buckle-downs secure mattress to bed
- Dual quilted 1000 denier nylon cover with slip layer to protect against shear and friction
- 1275 Liters per Minute blower for comfort and fast set-up
- Pulse and static treatment with true low air loss therapy
Of these two Invacare mattresses for pressure sores, the Invacare microAir MA51 holds up to 350 pounds and the Invacare microAir MA80 up to 1000.
You can buy an Invacare mattress for pressure sores through any of several online sites for home and long-term health care products, as well as on-site locations. Each of the products described on Invacare's wesite has a "Find a Provider" button. Invacare also has links to demos for their mattresses for pressure sores.
Information for these mattresses is from the Invacare website.
Invacare Mattress for Pressure Sores
Invacare Corporation, Worldwide Headquarters, 1 Invacare Way, Elyria, OH 44035-4190, (800) 333-6900
16 6-inch air bladders arranged horizontally and top cushion
Quilted 70 Denier Nylon for the MA51, and Quilted 1000 Denier Nylon for the MA80
8 Inches for the MA51 and 10 inches for the MA80
Invacare Reduced Gap Full-length Bed
Choice of cycle times and alternating or static air pressure
2 years on power unit, 1 year on mattress
Air mattresses non-returnable once used
Location: Candia, New Hampshire
Date Joined: Mar 30, 2013
Last Active: Mar 30, 2013
No reviews found.
it is a mattress to prevent bed sores. it has a motor and it changes the body's position so the same spot of skin doesn't get som much pressure over the timeMattress Rating: Mattress Comfort:
the mattress works very well! i do spend hours laying down and i have never had any kind of bed/pressure sore and it is also very comfortable!Mattress Durability:
CommentsMattress Features and Benefits as Advertised:
CommentsWas this review helpful?